Aftercare, Recovery& Beyond
What Happens After Rehab?
Why Aftercare Planning is Important
It might be tempting to assume that once you have completed an addiction treatment program like ours you are good to go. If you have attended our program, you have been in treatment for the past 30-60 days learning important new life skills, coping techniques, new emotional insights, and relapse prevention techniques, which is now the foundation for your new long-term recovery path. However, addiction is a chronic, relapsing disease that requires a commitment that extends beyond the limits of a rehab program. This is where the aftercare support comes in. Our aftercare program is the phase of recovery that helps reinforce your newfound sobriety with ongoing outpatient group therapy, alumni activities, support group participation, possibly sober living, and general peer support.
The best time to plan your aftercare program is while you are still in active treatment. It is too tempting to ignore the need for aftercare once you have completed our rehab program. This is a common mistake that can have devastating effects. Early recovery is a very tenuous and vulnerable time, as you are adjusting to living without the crutch of your substance. By making an aftercare plan in advance of discharge, you can smoothly transition into the real world with all the information you need to have a successful sobriety.
Request a Confidential Callback 24/7
Planning for the Future
What Exactly is Aftercare Planning?
Aftercare support provides critical reinforcements to early sobriety in a variety of ways. These include:
- Outpatient counseling sessions. Weekly group or individual therapy sessions offer ongoing support in the early months of recovery when challenges, temptations, or triggers might threaten your recovery.
- Support group participation. Attending 12-step or similar recovery groups provides the important social support that can offer you fellowship and accountability.
- Sober living housing. Sober living provides a drug and alcohol-free supportive home environment that can be an excellent transitional phase between completing rehab and returning to regular life.
- Classes that teach life skills. Early recovery is about rebuilding your life, including making new career or academic goals or seeking a job. Brushing up on interviewing techniques and resume writing can be very helpful for you on your return to the outside world.
- Ongoing relapse prevention techniques. Relapse prevention can be continually fine-tuned as you move forward from rehab back into the real world. Relapse prevention is a proactive process that must be constantly self-monitored.
- Alumni activities. Social activities and follow-up contact with others who have completed the program offers you the important peer support you need.
Don't Wait Any Longer. Begin Your Quest Today.
How Aftercare Planning Can Aid Recovery
Staying Connected Improves Success in Recovery
The post-rehab landscape is full of potholes that can quickly trip up even the most determined individual. This is why you must be committed to lifelong recovery which involves an aftercare plan. Especially important in the first several months following treatment, aftercare support can provide the reinforcement you need to build up recovery skills and succeed in sobriety. Instead of flailing about and trying to manage the multitude of issues that commonly present themselves alone, aftercare provides you with multiple layers of support.
ALUMNI PROGRAM AT QUEST 2 RECOVERY
An important aspect of aftercare is the alumni support. Alumni support is provided by the clinical team at Quest 2 Recovery who will check in with you on a monthly basis following the completion of our addiction treatment program. Periodic motivational guest speaker events and other alumni events keep you engaged with other alumni in early recovery.
OUTPATIENT PROGRAMS FOR CONTINUED CARE
Outpatient treatment involves the ongoing therapy that will provide you with emotional support in recovery. Life is messy. Once you leave our treatment facility, real life can impose stressors and challenges that, if you do not have a solid support base, can test your ability to stay clean and sober. Having weekly therapy sessions with a psychologist who can offer you guidance, introduce new coping techniques, help you refine relapse prevention strategies, and provide emotional support if personal struggles emerge is an important asset in recovery.
Don't Wait Any Longer. Begin Your Quest Today.
Don't Worry...We Can Help
Aftercare Facility in
At Quest 2 Recovery, we use an evidence-based, discreet, and compassionate approach towards the treatment of alcohol or drug addiction. Our purpose is to help our clients achieve a substance-free lifestyle by providing them all the support and care they need during the addiction recovery process.
We offer a range of addiction treatment programs including detoxification, residential inpatient, and aftercare services that are all aimed at treating the root cause of your drug addiction. We look beyond the visible symptoms and understand the unique challenges you have previously faced. We leverage this knowledge and our deep expertise and experience to design a tailored drug detoxification and rehabilitation program that help beat addiction in complete privacy and achieve total recovery with maximum comfort.